Saturday, May 10, 2014

Abs Challenge


Last night I was scrolling through my Facebook when I stopped and saw a picture from a page I liked.  It's called Black Women "DO" Workout!  And on it there was another inspirational picture and stories of women who triumphed over statistics that they would always be fat.  That they were lazy or that they couldn't do it.  And it got me to thinking maybe I should start working out again.

I looked at the picture for awhile and then decided to keep scrolling when I saw a friend of mine had posted that she had lost 10 pounds and made her goal for the month.  "You can do it too, all you have to do is get motivated," her post said.

I smiled and continued to scroll when I saw another photo of RuPaul Drag Race celebrity Carmen Carrera.  For those who have no idea who that is, she is a transgendered woman who has been fighting against all odds to be seen and recognized as the woman she is no matter what body she was born into.  And she has an amazing body.  

It was as if the universe was telling me to get off my lazy butt and do something.  For the past month, I will admit that I have noticed that my jeans have fit a little looser and when I got on my scale it said I weighed 179lbs last week.  This made me smile because before this I weighed in at 185.  I contribute that to the fact that for the past couple of months I have been cooking all of my meals.  I've eaten out a couple of times and both times were treats.  

So if eating healthy has me losing a few pounds what will doing that and exercising accomplish?  

And so today I woke up a little later than I normally would and stepped on my scale.  

177lbs. 

I smiled and trudged downstairs where my kids showed me various yoga poses they are learning in school.  I know all of these poses but it made me smile to know that their school is taking a real stance on combating obesity and encouraging their students to be healthy.

And so after I stretched and my kids had gone outside to play I started in on the 24-day Abs-So-Tightly-Right challenge.


Today was my first day. And then shortly after that I ran a quarter mile to strengthen my legs as well.  I plan to get to the end of the 24 days and hopefully there will be a noticeable difference.  I also plan to work in running after my abs workout.   

And if there is anyone reading this that thinks, "I don't have time for this."  or "I'll start this on Monday."

I say why not squeeze it in while watching TV.  It only took me 5 to 10 minutes to do this.  And with each day the better I get at pushing through the more I'll have a sense of accomplishment.  And there is nothing more exciting than meeting a challenge head on and conquering it.

I plan to post some photos as I go along and pray that I don't become to embarrassed by them.  I'm not really in the habit of showing off my stomach.  But I think if it means showing off some rocking abs or at least the progress to getting them I can do it.

For anyone who wants to check out the website I spoke of earlier I've listed the links below.  And even though it is named Black Women "Do" Workout, the exercises and tips they list are for anyone.  As they say on there website, "every body and 'everybody' is different."

Thanks for reading and have an awesome Saturday.

 blackwomendoworkout.com
 https://www.facebook.com/BlackWomenDOWorkout

-TheOnlineStalker

0 comments:

Total Page Visits