Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day 2014



Happy Mother's Day!

So....

This morning I felt someone starring at me and when I opened my eyes my 9 year old, Alex, was in my face looking at me.  After she apologized for startling me she said, "It's Mother's Day." And then she ran out of the room to get her gifts bringing back her sister.

Half asleep I looked down at my gifts and read the first one from Ariana.

E-SPA-cially for Mom

They were spa coupons for various things.  

Breakfast in bed.  
Back rubs. 
Having a cold drink delivered to me.  
And the best one...30 minutes of quiet.

One of the cutest things I've seen in a while.  

Next I got a poem with a hand print from Alex, which made me smile.  Along with various notes and letters that show how much they appreciate me.  

After a week of secrets, which for one I'm proud of them for keeping, I got the best gifts a mom could get.  A whole bunch of love.

To make things even better I got up to make them chocolate chip pancakes.  Two pancakes in, Alex asked if she could make them for me.  So I just wandered off while she made me breakfast.  

As the day went by I decided that since I wanted to be lazy and not go to the park, which is what they wanted to do, that I would do something just as fun.  So I went upstairs to find a movie.  I found what I wanted and then set out to make a fort.  I grabbed the dinning room tables and several blankets and made my masterpiece.  

Once the girls saw the set-up they forgot out the park completely and we had the best night.  

I hope all of you had a wonderful Mother's Day as well.  You never get enough credit so live it up today.

-TheOnlineStalker

0 comments:

Total Page Visits