Sunday, May 13, 2012

Christians Say Bad Words






This was too awesome for me not to post tonight. 

I normally take my mom to work at night.  So I loaded the kids in the car and off we went.  My mom works at a Wal-mart that isn't that far from us.  a good 10 to 15 minute drive through downtown.  As we're on our way I tell my mom how I talked to my friend about how the lady sideswiped us in her car.  And my mom asks me what did she say.

So I try to whisper as low as I can.  "Stupid Bitch."

But seeing as my daughter has bionic hearing, she says, "Oooo.  That's a bad word mom."

"You weren't supposed to hear that."

And afterwords I start to mess with her about who said a bad word to which she says "You" and I say "You who?"

To say this is fun entertainment for me is an understatement.  But as so many say..It's the little things in life.

After about five minutes of going back and forward with her she says, "Oh my God."

"Oooo...you blasphemed," I tell her.

"No I didn't.  I'm not a Christian."

"What?"

"I didn't say a bad word."

I laugh and take the bait.  "What do bad words have to do with Christians?"

And without missing a beat she says, "Because, Christians say bad words."

I can't make this kind of stuff up. 

So I tell her, "But I'm not a Christian.  I'm Wiccan."

Tell me ladies and gents why my daughter starts to argue with me and tells me I have to be a Christian because I said  bad word earlier.

And my mom doesn't make it any better because she says a curse word right after that to which my daughter says, "Grandma you're really a Christian.  Mom you're sorta a Christian but Grandma is really one."

"You're other Grandma's a Christian," my mom says.

"No she's not.  She doesn't say bad words."

So now my daughter thinks that all Christians say bad words and no matter how much I tried to convince her that they don't--she's just not believing it.

0 comments:

Total Page Visits